ETS Waste Health and Safety Policy
It is the policy of ETS Waste Management Ltd to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of our customers and employees whilst they are at work, and also the health and safety of our temporary workers and others who may be affected by our undertakings.
ETS Waste Management Ltd will endeavour to:
– Provide and maintain safe working environments without risk to Health and Safety.
– Set standards that comply with all relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and the environment with regard to our effect on employees, customers, contractors and the public.
– Safeguard employees, customers and others from foreseeable hazards with regard to health, safety or the environment in existing processes and working systems.
– Ensure that when new substances, plant, machinery, equipment, processes or premises are introduced, adequate guidance, instruction and supervision are provided for safe methods of work to be developed.
– Ensure all employees are aware of their own responsibilities in respect of relevant health, safety and environmental matters.
– Aim to achieve the commitment and active involvement of all staff in order that safety awareness and positive attitudes are fostered, and continuous efforts are made to improve safety performance.
– Ensure that contractors carrying out works are informed of relevant standards, are trained in procedures as necessary, and that systems are established for monitoring compliance, without detracting from the contractors legal responsibilities, to ensure that requirements are met.
– Co-operate with appropriate authorities and technical organisations both to ensure that policies are updated and to contribute to the formulation of standards and means of compliance.
– Retain, and review as necessary, existing arrangements for safety committees to maintain effective consideration of health and safety measures.
This policy will be regularly monitored to ensure that the objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.